Thursday, February 18, 2010

Painting ceiling Matt over satin textured paint?

The man at B %26amp; Q sold me some Matt textured paint over artexed ceiling but at the time I didn't know there were satin and Matt ceiling paints.





Anyway seems I have put Matt over satin and now its just peeling off.





The ceiling are a mess what can I do to put it right?Painting ceiling Matt over satin textured paint?
~*~ You can always paint a matte paint over a satin paint. My guess is the the satin paint was oil based and you painted matte water based paint over it. Anytime you paint a water based latex paint over an oil based paint without a good primer you risk peeling. You should sand th peeling areas and try painting a good quality primer and repaint with latex after that. If you go to a paint store they will be able to show yo the correct steps and paints to use to remedy this situation.
  • norton
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment