Thursday, February 25, 2010

Is there a reason that I can't use an exterior latex to paint my bathroom ceiling? I have a gallon a white

And I'd like to use it up. Is there a reason you cannot use exterior paint on an interior?Is there a reason that I can't use an exterior latex to paint my bathroom ceiling? I have a gallon a white
Theres no reason you can't use exterior paint on your bath room just make sure that you are putting it over latex paint not oil based pant, as it may blister. If you have oil based paint on there now, cover it first with a coat of ';KILZ'; this will also stop any stains etc. from bleeding through. KILZ is good for covering any stain you may want to cover, including grease,oil,crayon, marking pen etc. Its great when you have kids.Is there a reason that I can't use an exterior latex to paint my bathroom ceiling? I have a gallon a white
Exterior paint cost more then interior is why only want to use it outside. Just cannot use interior outside because it will peel from the hot days. Exterior is OK for the bathroom. Just should use a gloss or a semi-gloss because it is easier to keep clean from the soaps and solutions used. Would not recommend a flat.
I did this once by accident...grabbed the wrong can of trim paint when painting the window trim and moldings in my bedroom. It took a long time for the odor to offgas...i.e. :it STUNK for a couple of weeks. Normally the smell of paint doesn't bother me, but this time I had to sleep in my livingroom for a few days. If you can live with the odor...
no


exterior will be good in the bath room, its made to with stand wet conditions,
don't see a problem with it, most likely it will last longer as exterior paint is designed to withstand many weather conditions and is very durable. go for it!
Exterior paints are formulated to withstand weather changes and rain (water) is 1 of them.





I certainly don't see any problem of using up the paint you've mentioned.





Normally, people do not use exterior paint for interior job due to the cost factor.





But interior paint is a definite NO NO for exterior.
I have to disagree with the others. Most exterior paints should not be used indoors because they contain potent mildewcides that might make you sick.
The only thing you want to know is if its a semi gloss paint. You want a paint that will be easily cleaned.
Not a reason that I know of. I've done it before.

No comments:

Post a Comment