Tuesday, February 23, 2010

How do I paint a tray ceiling?

I have two formal roooms (LR %26amp; DR) that I'm finally getting around to sprucing up after five years of living with ';builders white';. The ceilings have crown moulding from the walls to the first ';step';, then about 5-6'; of vertical space in an octagonal shape, bordered by another set of moulding. Need some ideas on whether to keep the vertical portion the same color as the walls or paint it as I do the rest of the ceiling. Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions.How do I paint a tray ceiling?
There is a picture of another idea.


There are decals you can use instead of the finding some one to do that design and try a sponge look . Remember its the ceiling if your going to do it it will take time. If your not make sure you know of the person who is. Money spent wisely is a happy person





http://www.markgansor.com/ceiling-galler鈥?/a>How do I paint a tray ceiling?
I would personally paint the vertical portion an accent color...not the wall color. It sounds beautifully detailed and I feel that this way would just highlight it more. You could leave the ceiling white, then your step down a different color and then your wall it's own color. Or paint the wall and the ceiling the same color %26amp; your step down the accent color as I said, and pick up your accent color in your drapes and accessories. I believe having the ceiling white though, and having the 2 additional colors would be the best. (I hope you can understand what I'm saying..LOL..this is hard to explain:)


Good Luck!! With that much detail, I'm sure it will be gorgeous regardless of which method you choose:)
If I understand you correctly, the rule of thumb is all horizontal surfaces to be the same color and all vertical surfaces to be the wall color, all though 6'; doesn't seem like much to even bother with.

No comments:

Post a Comment