Thursday, February 25, 2010

How do I remove textured paint from my ceiling?

If you mean 'popcorn' texture you will need to know what type of texture was used on the ceiling. Although I don't believe anybody uses Asbestos in residential buildings anymore it is still legal to do so and was used through the 1980's in a lot of construction. The laws against Asbestos only forbid it from being developed into new types of products. There are currently dozens of things that Asbestos can be used in legally. If you cannot be sure that your texture is not made from Asbestos you should have a professional contractor remove your texture for you.





That said, if you have a steamer spraying the ceiling a little to soften the texture then scraping gently with a spatula (6'; is a good size) to remove the popcorn. You could also use a damp sponge with warm water before scraping. Just be careful not to gouge the ceiling with the corner of the spatula.How do I remove textured paint from my ceiling?
Scrap it off with a wide blade putty knife or wall paper scraper. Cover floor with drop cloths. Or you can cover texture ceiling with different kind of texture or spray.How do I remove textured paint from my ceiling?
dynamite

No comments:

Post a Comment