Tuesday, February 23, 2010

What color should I paint a tray ceiling if my colors are blue and brown? I am painting the wall blue.?

I am unsure if I need to paint the tray brown or if I should paint it the same as the wall color. I have a strip of ceiling going around the room. Should I paint that brown and leave the tray ceiling blue or what? I don't want it to look tacky. Please help!What color should I paint a tray ceiling if my colors are blue and brown? I am painting the wall blue.?
Check out hgtv.com. Some have done gold leafing. Or you could make it a feature with a little bit lighter blue like a sky with out the clouds and do the rest of the ceiling a taupe or tan and then the tray will look like a skylight. Hope this helps. RoxanneWhat color should I paint a tray ceiling if my colors are blue and brown? I am painting the wall blue.?
Don't over power the room with paint, and that is one reason I tend to recommend painting a lighter or darker tone of the wall color (from the paint strip) on the ceiling. It softens the room. Blue is always nice. You can go either way but it really depends on lighting, the details, i.e. crown molding and the size of the tray area vs ceiling area.


If you paint the tray ceiling with some dark shades, it will help to give a sense of closeness and warmth into the room as they will bring the main ceiling closer.. On the other hand, choosing a lighter shade of color will give an open and airy feeling as they will make the ceiling recede into the background. I am not sure I would use brown. I'm assuming the brown is in your upholstery or rugs. How about painting some sample boards to tape up? I hope this helps. Review these links:





http://www.justmoulding.com/trim-ideas/t鈥?/a>


http://www.city-data.com/forum/home-inte鈥?/a>
Paint the top (ceiling of the tray) the same blue, then paint the ';walls'; of the ceiling copper-color.
  • norton
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment