Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I painted with latex paint and could not edge near the ceiling. I got paint on a popcorn ceiling.?

How do I get it off? It is a medium green so I can't pretend that it is not there. Short of putting up some molding to cover it up, what can I use? I tried cleaning as I was doing it but it made a mess.I painted with latex paint and could not edge near the ceiling. I got paint on a popcorn ceiling.?
cover it with white using an angled trim brushI painted with latex paint and could not edge near the ceiling. I got paint on a popcorn ceiling.?
You can have the Kiltz tinted to match your ceiling color.
Touch up the popcorn ceiling.
Every answer so far is completely valid, and with all due respect I'm baffled by why the question is even being asked.





Certainly you might consider masking the wall as you cover the ooops... and BTW we all make them.





Kilz primer, even the oil based will accept latex over, after the fact. Caution might be a consideration.
I expect the easiest thing to do would be to touch up the ceiling with some Kilz high hiding white primer.





If the new white primer is ';to white'; and shows up against your existing ceiling color you will need to paint over the primer with a white that is closer to your ceiling color.





Most time you won't notice the white primer unless your existing ceiling is very yellow (due to age usually).
They have cans at Home depot that are popcorn ceiling touch up. But first I would try to cover the spot at least once with some sort of white( for basic coverage). Then protect the wall, Spray the can, and it should be quite minor
been there done that .....


i would suggest you use a primer over the ceiling, latex based, then spray some new pop,out of a can ,


long term: get rid of the pop corn,and use a knock down texture, easy to paint, re paint, and touch up if needs be.


if you use 3/4 inch tape all long the edge ,of the ceiling ,before you apply ,the texture.


it will protect the ceiling ,from over painting .
never ever paint again, it aint your cup of tea. I mean you got paint on the popcorn all the way around the ceiling. Why? But since you did, buy the 3-m blue tape with the orange inner circle. Its easy release adhesive and wont take the finish off of the new paint. Run the tape around the top of the wall. Buy a roll of 12 inch painters paper and mask that to the blue tape. Then you can either spray paint it with a can of white primer or touch the ceiling up with a roller. (delicately) because if you get it to wet it will peel off. Good luck.
  • norton
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment