Thursday, February 25, 2010

Can I use trim paint on bathroom ceiling?

I have left over paint from the trim in the bedroom and we're now painting the bathroom. Can I use the trim paint for the ceiling in the bathroom? or will it not work because of steam and moisture etc?Can I use trim paint on bathroom ceiling?
Trim paint may look good after first applied but moisture in the ceiling material will inevitably cause the paint to bubble as it tries to escape and black mildew will eventually form in all but the driest climates.





';Bathroom'; paints have properties which resist molds and mildew and the paint's structure acts as a permeable membrane to allow moisture to escape.Can I use trim paint on bathroom ceiling?
You can but its probally a gloss paint thats not a good choice for ceilings. For best results use an oil base paint they are better for the moisture you get in a bathroom

No comments:

Post a Comment