Thursday, February 18, 2010

I painted bathroom ceiling using water based paint on top of Is this OK?

I have put the Polyurenthane waterproof membrane on the bath room ceiling and then I painted with water based paint to get nice finish, can somebody advise me what will happened? will the water based paint fall?I painted bathroom ceiling using water based paint on top of Is this OK?
YOU CAN PUT OIL OVER LATEX BUT NOT LATEX OVER OIL.MOISTURE WILL PROBABLY GET UNDER LATEX AND BUBBLE.YOU CAN GET WHAT LATEX YOU CAN GET OFF AND PUT SHERWIN WILLIAMS 101 BONDING PRIMER THEN PAINT WITH YOUR LATEX.(you could have wiped your ceiling down with liquid deglosser then put latex over poly but too late)I painted bathroom ceiling using water based paint on top of Is this OK?
simply put...YES

No comments:

Post a Comment