Tuesday, February 9, 2010

How do I remove latex ceiling paint from a painted porch floor?

We recently painted our concrete porch floor with a tinted Epoxy paint that was meant for high traffic garage floors. I then painted the ceiling with a flat latex ceiling paint. I wasn't being very careful and there is now white ceiling paint all over my blue porch floor.


I assumed I could scrub the white paint off with regular soap and water, but it's not working!


What can I use to remove the white paint without scuffing, scratching, or removing the porch floor paint?How do I remove latex ceiling paint from a painted porch floor?
the epoxy paint is pretty tough stuff so i would suggest that you get some Goof Off from a hardware store. it is made to take latex paint mistakes off of things like trim and wood floors, so it should be o k on the epoxy paint. read the label just to be sure. good luck, hope this helps.How do I remove latex ceiling paint from a painted porch floor?
Your best bet is to scrape it off with a razor. Other than applying a stripper you're kinda pooched there. You could just repaint the porch floor. That's about the easiest thing to do.
I would just get some of the floor paint and paint over the spots..
Epoxy is very durable, so something like denatured alcohol should take it right up. Call your paint store and they can fix you right up on this one. Simple, so don't get discouraged.
  • codes for myspace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment