Thursday, February 18, 2010

How do I paint the ceiling without getting paint on the walls?

I put painter's tape on the ceiling to protect it and when I removed it, the paint from the ceiling came off on the tape. Now I have to repaint the ceiling and I need to know how to paint the ceiling again and not get paint on the walls. And visa versa. I have to retouch both now. Please don't tell me to use that tape again. And I also used an edger with rollers when I painted the walls, but the rollers had paint on them, so I had roller marks on the ceiling and now I have to retouch everythings.How do I paint the ceiling without getting paint on the walls?
Very carefully. Takes allot of patience and time. You can do it!!!!How do I paint the ceiling without getting paint on the walls?
try pro
get a paint shield (not sure if that is what its called)- it kinda looks like a longe ruler, with a sharp edge- you can use it to cut in so you don't get paint on the walls, you just have to wipe off the paint- any paint supply store sell it
use an edger and a brush,,,
Painter's tape is a sure way at your home improvement stores by the masting tape and it is Blue.
Those edging 'rulers' give you the same problem you had before i.e. paint gets on the edger and then gets where you don't want it.





The best thing is to carefully put masking tape (not the type you used but normal, paper masking tape) along the edge you don't want to paint and then paint against it. Caution: try to avoid getting paint on the masking tape because although in theory it should be harmless to do so, in practice it can cause trouble when you come to remove the tape. Also, do the decorating at once and remove the masking tape as soon as the paint is dry because masking tape that is left on a long time i.e. over a week, sticks increasingly until it leaves a sticky residue that requires removal with white spirits or the like.

No comments:

Post a Comment