Tuesday, February 9, 2010

If I used a white ceiling flat paint to paint a ceiling medallion, how many coats of paint should I use?

Do you think one coat would be enough? Should I sand between the coats, if I need more than 1?If I used a white ceiling flat paint to paint a ceiling medallion, how many coats of paint should I use?
2 coats is fine. Not necessary to do prep. work or sanding. Its already prepped for painting. People are not going to notice how smooth it is, they are going to notice what a nice medallion it is.If I used a white ceiling flat paint to paint a ceiling medallion, how many coats of paint should I use?
One coat might do the job; you'll be able to tell after painting it if it needs a second coat. For this kind of paint there's no need to sand between coats.
the medallions are usually pre-primed and ready to paint. if your ceiling color is white, then you should need only one coat, because the medallion is primed white. but if your doing a color other than white, then id use 2 coats. sanding would be very impractical on the surface of a medallion, it shouldnt be necessary.
2 coats, very light sanding with 250 grit.

No comments:

Post a Comment